Friday, December 20, 2013

Three Reasons I Started My Own Blog

My husband, who is an amazing writer, has been pushing me to start a blog. Here are three reasons I've decided to take his advice:

1. He tells me writing is therapeutic. After my last guest post on his blog I have to say I agree. If you haven't read that, you can find it here. For years, I have wrestled with the feelings I've had about the tragic loss of a friend. Writing about it was freeing for me and has helped me take steps in moving forward on my journey to forgive and heal.


2. I'm sure it's also a good idea for me to have a creative outlet for the thoughts that keep me up at night. My first guest post on my husband's blog was about justice. If you haven't read it, you can find it here. As God has allowed me to step into the lives of people in our community, it's been hard for me to process the stories of abuse and injustice I've heard. Hopefully, this will be a way for me to use my voice to expose some of the issues of injustice I've encountered and to be part of the solution to those issues.
  
3. Finally, I wanted to start blogging to give my social media friends a break from my ranting. I'm sure people would rather see cute photos of our family and ministry updates than my opinions on what's wrong with the world and my pleas for more people to use their lives for change. Friends, this is as much for you as it is for me.

Hopefully this blog will do all three. I'd love to hear your input along the way and hope this blog will be thought-provoking, encouraging and maybe it'll be a platform for me to make what's left of my life count.

So it begins.

Emily Lassiter is married to Chris Lassiter (You can find his blog here) and together they have 5 amazing children. She is an area Coordinator for YoungLives, an outreach ministry to teenage mothers through Young Life.  Please consider following the Word Redemption blog (by clicking 'Join This Site'), which will be updated weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment